1 a unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch; used to specify thickness (e.g., of sheets or wire)
2 a Cypriot monetary unit equal to one thousandth of a pound
3 a metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter [syn: milliliter, millilitre, ml, cubic centimeter, cubic centimetre, cc]
4 an angular unit used in artillery; equal to 1/6400 of a complete revolution
- An angular mil, a unit of angular measurement equal to 1⁄6400 of a complete circle. At 1000 metres one mil subtends about one metre (0,98 m). Also 1⁄6000 and 1⁄6300 are used in other countries.
- A unit of measurement equal to 1⁄1000 of an inch, usually used for thin objects, such as sheets of plastic.
for abbreviation, see mil.
Conjunctionmil (short form of millal)
- Kord tuleb päev, mil tuleb minna.
Adverbmil (short form of millel)
- Tänaval oli auto, mil olid punased triibud.
EtymologyWest Germanic milja from milla, plural of the numeral mille.
- A thousand.
- A thousand.
EtymologyIrish and Old Irish mil, O.I. gen. mela, Welsh mêl, Cornish, Breton mil: meli; Latin mel; Greek μέλι; Gothic miliþ; Armenian me.
- nymil (1)
- A unit of length: 1 mil = 7 çaqrım = 7.467 km (geographical mile) (archaic). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsolete_Tatar_units_of_measurement
The term mil, Mil, or MIL can refer to a number of different things.
A mil can refer to a unit of:
A mil is an abbreviation or colloquial abbreviation for
- different units
- military, .mil is the top level domain for the US Military
- Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant, a Soviet/Russian helicopter manufacturer named after Mikhail Mil
MIL is an abbreviation or acronym for:
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Mapuche International Link
- mother-in-law, in internet slang
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp, in modern automobiles
- Member of the Institute of Linguists
- Movimiento Ibérico de Liberación, a Catalan anti-Francoist group from 1971 to 1973
- Media Integration Layer, the compositing engine used by DWM and WPF.
- Mill Hill Broadway railway station, England; National Rail station code MIL.
mil in Catalan: Mil (desambiguació)
mil in German: Mil
mil in Spanish: Mil (desambiguación)
mil in French: Mil
mil in Italian: MIL
mil in Dutch: Mil
mil in Japanese: MIL
mil in Polish: Mil